Join the inaugural cohort of our Saturday Immersion Program this spring.
- Spend five consecutive Saturdays studying at Columbia University.
- Engage in academically rigorous coursework in a particular subject area.
- Participate in college application workshops and college preparedness events.
- Meet other bright, high-achieving students with similar interests.
- Earn a Columbia University Statement of Completion and evaluation letter from your instructor.
Established in 1986, Columbia University's Program for High School Students offers high-achieving students the opportunity to experience college life in the Ivy League while enjoying the vibrancy of New York City. The program combines academic rigor and instructional excellence with lively extracurricular offerings and careful supervision and support.
Open to students currently enrolled in grades 9 through 12, participants select one curricular option for an in-depth examination of a specific subject area. Classes take place over five consecutive Saturdays and are taught by scholars and practitioners who are experts in their fields, and have a passion and demonstrated aptitude for teaching.
Outside of class, students participate in a variety of extracurricular and co-curricular activities, including college preparedness programming, a community outreach activity, and a special lecture from a visiting scholar.
Through a combination of academic immersion and engaging extracurricular activities, students are allowed to explore their passions and hone skills that will help them succeed in college and beyond.
The program is open to students currently enrolled in grades 9 through 12 of high school. Housing is not available for this program.