Dive into a world-class Ivy League education this summer with Columbia’s world-class instructors, and a dynamic online learning platform.
- Interact with Columbia scholars and experts in their fields.
- Engage with an international community of students
- Prepare for college and the admissions process through specially designed programs.
- Participate in extracurricular activities led by current students.
- Earn a Columbia University Statement of Completion and evaluation letter.
"I have gained so much from this program, both academically and socially…and love Columbia for its collaborative environment and rigorous education."
– Allie T. | Issaquah, Washington
Founded in 1986, Columbia University's Programs for High School Students is open to students entering grades 9 through 12 and freshman year of college. Get details about the admission process.
Classes meet online twice each day for two-hour sessions where students refine their academic skills through a variety of activities—class discussions, debates, simulations, individual and group projects, and more. Read more about our dynamic online experience.
During the midday break and after class, students participate in extracurricular and co-curricular activities, including college preparedness programming, community outreach and awareness activities, and special lectures. Discover the student experience beyond class.
Through this combination of academic immersion and engaging extracurricular activities, students are allowed to explore their passions and hone skills that will help them succeed in college and beyond. Have more questions? Check out our FAQ page.
The program is open to students entering grades 9 through 12 or freshman year of college in the fall. Students must be currently enrolled in school upon applying.