- All students are required to register themselves prior to the start of the program. Click here to view our registration manual.
- Students participating in the Academic Year Immersion Program may register for 1-4 courses. Please note that the base Program Cost covers registration for 1 course–any additional course added will incur an additional course fee.
- Students who register for a course which they do not meet the prerequisites will be deregistered from the course and asked to register for a different course. The Admissions Office closely monitors registration.
- Prior to registering all students must first complete the pre-registration steps below. Students will not be able to register unless all pre-registration items have been completed.
- Early Registration begins October 24 for eligible students who submitted an application by the October 11 early registration application deadline. These students will have a one-week window to register in advance of the start of the open registration period. For all other students, registration opens on October 31.
No. Students must meet all course prerequisites and grade level requirements, if any are listed. Students who register for a course without having fulfilled prerequisites will be deregistered and asked to register for a different course.
Once a course fills, it will not be overenrolled. This policy is to ensure that we maintain a small course size with a high level of engagement and rigor.
Space in courses is limited. Students may check up-to-date, real-time enrollment numbers for any course by clicking on the Call Number on a course’s description. This will bring you to Columbia's Directory of Classes, where you can see live enrollment details.
Students participating in the Academic Year Immersion Program may register for 1-4 courses. Please note that the base Program Cost covers registration for 1 course–any additional course added will incur an additional course fee.
You will be able to view and access your class in Courseworks approximately one week before the start of class.
How to Register
1. Activate Your UNI
Approximately 5-7 business days after confirming your enrollment and paying a non-refundable enrollment deposit, you will receive a next steps email containing an activation link for your UNI. Your UNI will provide access to SSOL (Student Services Online), which is where you will complete the registration process.
2. Submit your Enrollment Forms
Students are required to submit all enrollment forms prior to registering for courses. To complete your enrollment forms log in to your admitted student portal.
- Emergency Contact Verification
- Text Opt-In
- Media Release
3. Make your Final Course Selection
Select the course(s) you would like to register for. Please carefully review your desired course’s prerequisites and ensure you have completed the prerequisites with a B or higher. Course registration is closely monitored by our admissions team and students will not be permitted to participate in a course whose prerequisites they have not appropriately fulfilled. Once selected, navigate to the course description page and locate the corresponding call number.
Please note, some curricular options may include both a recitation and a practicum. In addition, some courses may have more than one available section per session. Individual course listing pages will provide additional guidance for such instances. To confirm the course times that are available during your session, click the call number corresponding to the session you will be attending. This link will take you to the Directory of Classes, where our most up to date course information can be found.
Call numbers are unique course identifiers assigned to each curricular offering. Call numbers can be found on individual course description pages, linked below.
4. Identify your Registration AppointmentUsing your UNI, log in to your SSOL Account. Under the "Academic Records" section of the menu, click on Registration Appointments. There you will find the date and time of your registration appointment window. You may only register during the times indicated.
5. Register for Class
When your registration appointment arrives, log back in to SSOL and click on, Registration under the 'Academic Records' menu. Review the registration agreement and proceed to the next step.
Enter the call number associated with your selected course and click, "Query/Add Class". Confirm that the generated course details match the details of your course selection. Once confirmed, click "Add Class" to formally register.
Students do not receive a confirmation email from SSOL. Students are expected to self-confirm their course registration by clicking on the "Schedule" tab in SSOL. If you see your course on the "Schedule" tab, your registration was successful, and no further registration action is required. If you do not see your course in the Schedule tab, please reach out to the Admissions Office for guidance.