We are excited to have you back for summer 2021! Please read the instructions below carefully to determine how to proceed with your application as a returning student.
If you participated in one of our programs during 2020 or Spring 2021, please do not create a new application account with a new email address.
We will reach out to you via email in early January with detailed instructions regarding re-enrollment. If you attempt to create a new application before receiving this invitation, you will receive an error message in your account.
The email invitation will contain detailed instructions on how to start a new application for summer 2021, and we have created an expedited re-enrollment process for returning students. You will be considered a priority registration applicant as long as your application is submitted before the listed deadline. We appreciate your patience.
Courses frequently fill up before the application deadline, so students are encouraged to apply as early as possible. Applications are processed on a rolling basis and will not be reviewed until all application materials have been submitted.
Priority course selection is given to students who apply by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time on this date.
Students applying for financial aid must submit all documents by this date.
All applications and application materials must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.
What’s different about Summer Immersion 2021 from past summers?:
- The program is offered Online and in New York City.
- Our course enrollment model has changed:
- Rather than being admitted to a specific course, you are admitted to the program as a whole.
- You will identify two to four courses of interest on the application and your decision letter will state your eligibility for these courses. Your spot is not reserved in any specific course upon admission.
- After submitting a non-refundable enrollment deposit, students must attend a registration webinar to learn how to register for courses.
- You will register yourself for one of the courses marked as eligible on your decision letter. You will experience first-hand how Columbia undergraduate students register for their courses.
- Course availability is limited, and registration is available on a first-come first-served basis. Summer students enroll in only one course per session. Early applications are highly encouraged.
For students who attended in the year 2020 and Spring 2021:
Past participants will receive an invitation to re-enroll in Summer 2021 with no additional application needed. Students should not create a new application as it will create an error message in your application portal. Please follow the instructions included in your invitation email.
Note: Students enrolled in Academic Year Immersion - Spring 2021 will not receive a formal invitation to re-enroll until the spring Immersion Program is underway. If you know early on that you would like to join us for summer, please contact us at email@example.com.
Students previously enrolled in these program terms will receive an invitation to submit a re-enrollment form. After submitting the re-enrollment form you will be instructed to login to your application portal and update your existing application as follows:
- Review the application requirements and discuss the program (modality, courses, dates, cost) with your parent/legal guardian.
- Choose which program type and session will work best for you.
- Update your academic history to include your most up to date high school transcript and current report card
- Choose two to four curricular interests from our 80+ course offerings
For students who attended in 2019 and prior to 2019:
Participants of the Summer Immersion 2019 program and prior are required to re-apply. You will receive an invitation in mid-December with a fee waiver code to waive the $80 application fee.
- Please follow the application instructions and admissions requirements listed under New Applicants.
- If you have not received a fee waiver code by mid-December, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name and the year you participated. Once your prior enrollment has been confirmed, we will send you a fee waiver code to enter on the application.