CSPA membership enables student publications to demonstrate their excellence among their peers across the country in the prestigious Crown and Gold Circle awards. Crowns are awarded by publication in seven major categories, and Gold Circles are awarded to distinguish individual excellence in four major categories. Different levels of membership provide different benefits, such as publication critiques.
Memberships must be renewed annually, with one membership per individual publication. When enrolling, please use the same email address that was provided for your publication membership. A new confirmation number will be provided each year.
High school, middle school, and collegiate publications may choose from one of three different levels of CSPA membership:
Regular Membership: This includes a detailed critique, Crown judging, 30 Gold Circle entries, and access to the special edition Crown Awards slideshow presentation. (Digital $279, Print $279, Hybrid $319)
Associate Membership: This includes Crown judging, 30 Gold Circle entries, and access to the special edition Crown Awards slideshow presentation. ($239)
Basic Membership: This includes 30 Gold Circle entries, and access to the special edition Crown Awards slideshow presentation. ($219)
How to Join:
- Visit the CSPA Membership Portal.
- Click the “Join CSPA” button to follow the link to access the CSPA online membership system. This is where you will choose your membership level and manage your online profile. Please note that each membership profile will require a unique email address for use as a username in the system.
If you are submitting multiple publications for membership, please be prepared to use a separate email address for each publication to use for access to the membership system.
- Complete the membership profile for each of your publications. Once you've submitted your membership information, you will receive a link via email, taking you to the membership profile survey.
- Completion of this survey is required of all Associate and Regular members, as it provides supplemental information to our Crown and critique judges. Crown and/or critique judging cannot be completed without the completion of this profile.
Pay by credit card, or send your payment (via check or money order) upon completion. Full payment of your membership fee is required before judging will take place. Our address can be found below, in the “Where to Send Your Materials” section of this page.
Please remember that a purchase order is a “promise to pay” and is NOT payment.
- Send your materials for judging to CSPA. For detailed information on what to send and where, please consult the “What to Send” and “Where to Send Materials” sections on the Awards Programs page.
PLEASE NOTE: We have retired the use of hard copy and PDF membership forms. No hard copy or PDF forms will be available for download or submission.
Current Membership Period: July 1, 2023 - June 30, 2024